300 West 6th Street, Apt. 608
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Riverworks Marketing Group – Chattanooga, TN
January 2014 to Present
- Content Marketing (Custom Photography and Videography for Social Media Usage, Brochures, Directories, and Audiovisual Presentations)
- Social Media Marketing (Set up and post native content to various platforms including Facebook Business Pages, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, managing post promotion)
- Copywriting (Generate words for website copy, brochures, directories, and monthly blogs on topics ranging from college football to retirement communities – basically anything and everything a client needs finessed with more polished writing)
- Reputation Management (Monitor mentions of clients on assorted websites and directories, responding in a tone meant to mitigate damage and inoculate against negative reviews)
- Manage Contests (Administer Monthly Contests designed to boost engagement and grow database of contacts for client newsletters; Update email contact lists using Constant Contact and MailChimp platforms)
- Produce Monthly Reports (Use Adobe InDesign to document performance of social media posts, email newsletters, AdWords campaigns, and relevant information from Google Analytics)
- Public Relations (Write Press Releases and Advertorial Columns for distribution to the News Media, leveraging relationships with reporters, bloggers and other influencers in the community)
- Update Client Websites (using Joomla and WordPress CMS to import blogs and web copy as needed, modifying the HTML in many cases)
- SEO Tasks (Optimize content for websites in the copywriting stage for keyword content to produce higher organic search results on Google and Bing; submit companies for local search and create citations on various directories relevant to their category)
- Communicate regularly with Agency Clients (Responding to their calls and emails with a focus on timely action)
- Provide these marketing services to clients in the following industries: Luxury Hotels & Restaurants, Inns & Resorts, Food Vending Companies, Furniture Manufacturers & Retailers, Retirement Communities, Media Organizations, Marketing Companies, Health Care Providers, Advertising Companies, Landscapers, Business Brokers, and Residential & Commercial Construction.
- SEO (optimizing web content with keywords, creating directory citations,
- Content Creation (Photography and Videography)
- Copywriting (brochures, directories,
- Social Media
- Database Growth
- Updates to Joomla and WordPress CMS Websites
- Reputation Management
- Public Relations (writing and distributing press releases, engaging reporters, supplying content as needed)
Troy University – Troy, AL
August 2013 to Present
Troy University is a public university founded in 1887 and regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). I am an adjunct in the Hall School of Communication and Journalism teaching online via the Troy Global Campus.
- Develop the syllabus for each course I am invited to teach and provide exceptional instruction based upon the designated course materials and the capabilities of Blackboard, Collaborate, and other tools.
- Prepare and grade materials in a timely manner.
- Work to discourage student withdrawal and maintain satisfactory retention.
- Accurately maintain records for all students enrolled in my courses.
Stiefel Creative – Fort Payne, AL
2012 to Present
Stiefel Creative is a company committed to assisting organizations as they strive to enhance their presentations to improve their image among stakeholders and increase market share and influence. We help create positive buzz with compelling content and sound marketing strategies.
- Perform content audits for clients and recommend elements for redesign and rebranding initiatives.
- Perform custom photography, graphic design, web design, and copywriting services, as needed. Work to make content SEO-friendly.
- Consult on advertising and promotional matters from the content marketing perspective.
- Prepare case studies and crisis communications planning documentation.
- License editorial lifestyle images to photo editors, art buyers and creative directors for usage on major features, covers, posters, advertising imagery, packaging, branding, and digital media.
- The company, in its present form, is evolved from a freelance photography business operated since 1990.
Online Editorial & Marketing Manager
Mav’rick Entertainment – Los Angeles, CA
June 2008 to December 2011
MavTV was a US television network targeting men with an irreverent mix of sports, gaming, beautiful women, comedy, and entertainment.
- Wrote blog posts, wall posts, tweets, and other communications, and delivered assets for social media channels. Communication was aimed at targeted viewership, males 18-35.
- Managed Daily Program Logs, assigned ad spots and image promos in the broadcast schedule using Broadview software and coordinated very closely with Encompass Digital Media in Atlanta for distribution of the broadcast signal. Responsible for monitoring the channel for any quality or consistency issues.
- Developed and maintained strategic relationships with external blogs, forums, groups, third party message boards and fan communities (AMA, ARCA, Rad Girls fans, Roller Derby leagues, etc.).
- Developed and implemented strategies that expand the visibility of the company and programming, helping create a new content culture.
- Ensured content conformed to SEO best practices and generated analytic reports.
- Leveraged social media activities on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn and other appropriate venues, constantly monitoring new social media trends, opportunities and tools.
- Used Final Cut Pro to re-edit the network’s HD content into viral videos for placement on YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc.
Reported directly to the Vice President of Programming to promote the channel’s entertainment properties by networking with talent/producers for social media promotion and writing press releases.
Managed and promoted a weekly photo feature to generate interest and attract web traffic from the target demographic.
Supervisor: Rob Stevens – robstevensLA@gmail.com. Please note that Mr. Stevens and the other executives have sold the network to a new owner since my time of employment with them. He can, however, provide information about the work I did under his direction.
Savvy Digital Limited – Tracy, CA
August 2004 to May 2008
Transformed a small web start-up into a brand name webzine recognized offline. Positioned Savvy.com as a global lifestyle brand targeting trend-conscious, fashion-forward men and women.
- Created and maintained a centralized schedule for Savvy.com editorial production (interviews, photo shoots, editing, graphics, video).
- Communicated directly with all contributing photographers to make sure all photography was delivered in the appropriate format with clear instructions and proper identification, release forms, etc.
- Maintained database of fashion contacts and stylists.
- Selected models for weekly editorial features and coordinated their travel and accommodations for photo/video shoots.
- Negotiated photo licensing terms and prices with glamour photographers for any photo content not produced in-house, securing rights and permissions for publication of these visual images.
- Conducted 200+ phone or in-person interviews with models and celebrities for the weekly personality features.
- Repackaged published images for approved affiliate partners, revising graphics as needed for mobile, web and print secondary usage.
- Identified and developed branded product merchandising opportunities and cross-promotional partnerships.
- Enforced brand copyright and worked with legal to protect original content against web piracy and counterfeiting issues.
- Copy-edited a staff writer, romance columnist, fashion expert, and other contributors.
- Promoted and administered an online competition involving hundreds of submissions and thousands of voters.
Manager: Dennis Ward – email@example.com.
Master of Science in Strategic Communication
Troy University – Troy, AL
Bachelor of Art in Communications
Auburn University – Auburn, AL
Fort Payne High School
Copywriting (19 years), Photography (19 years), Page Design (19 years), Content Strategy (10 years), Strategic Issues Management (3 years), Crisis Communications Planning (3 years), Final Cut (8 years), Teaching (2 years), Adobe Photoshop (10 years), Adobe InDesign (5 years), Content Licensing (8 years), Proofreading (15 years), Social Media Marketing (10 years), WordPress (5 years), Joomla (2 years), Sales (10 years), Content Marketing (10 years), Graphic Design (Logo Creation) (3 years), Journalism (19 years), Blogging (10 years), Contest Administration (5 years), Email Newsletter Marketing (2 years), Reputation Management (2 years)
Available on request.